What is Worrying You?

As a momma, I am constantly on my toes. If Mason sleeps ten minutes passed his bedtime, I worry he is sick (never mind the fact that he played wide open yesterday and skipped his nap and then spent the evening after dinner playing outside with Daddy!). When I fix his breakfast, lunch or dinner, I worry if he ate enough and I want his snacks to be healthy.
If he is playing, whether inside or out, I stay a step or two behind him so I can be right there if he falls and skins his knee. Yes, I'm a bit of a worry wart. But what does that say about my faith? All this worrying stresses me out and doesn't make me much fun to play with or to play around.

         "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you."
                                                                       1 Peter 5:7-8 (NLT)

Trying to keep our children from getting hurt, feeding them healthy foods and making sure they get enough sleep is what being a momma is all about, but turning our normal, everyday responsibilities into everyday, happiness stealing worry is a bad thing. We can't control every single step our children take. If we did it would make for a pretty miserable existence, not only for us but for the kids as well.
It takes an unimaginable amount of faith to keep us from turning our normal parental responsibilities into mountains of worry that will steal our joy and make us generally unhappy people. I don't know about you, but I want to leave my children with a legacy of love and fun and, most importantly, FAITH. I want them to see my faith in action.
I read the Bible daily, sometimes several times a day and sometimes for long periods at one sitting. Because I have the knowledge of God from my time in His Word, I know that worrying isn't "just how moms are", worrying is a sin and a trick of the devil to wear down our faith.


"Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour."







The devil is a sneaky one! He uses lies and trickery to fool us into believing that it's okay to worry about our kids to the point that we hurt our relationship with God and others. But, I have good news for you! God knows the devil, after all, He created him.

The Bible also details for us the kind of legacy we, as moms, should want to leave for our children and that will make our home a happy and comfortable place for our entire family and for those who come to visit.
   


                 
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these  things!
 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.
                   Galatians 5:22-25
So, when you find yourself worrying about these things you can't control, remember that God has us all in the palm of His hand...even the littlest of us, maybe, especially the littlest of us.
But I trust in your unfailing love.
I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
I will sing to the LORD
because he is good to me.
                                                                    Psalm 13:5

                                                



                                   



  

   
   

    
     


    
         

    
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Love Your Enemies?!

Does Prayer Scare or Frustrate YOU?

On This Day, This Good Friday.